Deploy Django on DigitalOcean
This page explains how to deploy on DigitalOcean a simple Django Starter generated by the service using DeployPRO, a popular deployment service.
Here are the steps (summary)
- Access DeployPRO and register using
- Connect your DigitalOcean account
- Create a new VPS Server and wait the full deployment
- Create a new app or simply fork this sample:
- Complete the deployment form
- Confirm the deployment
- Access the GitHub repository and monitor the progress (GitHub Actions)
- Visit the app in the browser.
The service allows the registration using GitHub (no password required)
connections page, users can connect to DigitalOcean via credentials.
If the operation is successfull, the connection to DigitalOcean is falled as active.
Create new Server
Before deploying the project, a deployment server needs to be created. This operation takes aprox. 5 minutes.
Once created, we can access the default page and also check out the details in our DigitalOcean account:
Server Information (DigitalOcean)
The server state can be also checked on DeployPRO.
In this phase, the user needs to provide:
- the repository
- app name
- path to the
- the PORT exposed in Docker (execution entry point)
Once the operation is confirmed, DeployPRO will analyze the input and update the repository with all the necessary scripts for the LIVE deployment.
Access the APP (browser)
At this point, the Django App should be fully deployed on DigitalOcean, with an active CI/CD flow: